I love reading aloud to any willing audience. This week is giving me lots of chances to do so.
- Reading Christmas-y excerpts from Brian Doyle’s Angel Square to my Book Group.
- Reading Draft #5 of a story-in-progress for feedback from one of my writing groups (I’m lucky to have two).
- I’ll be reading that draft to myself too, a number of times, as I do with all my works-in-progress.
- Reading The Outside Circle at the CNIB Recording Studio, to be enjoyed eventually by their visually impaired clients.
- Reading my soon-to-be-released picture book for a video recording, set up by Annick Press.
More about that new book in the new year, but for now…
The characters as charmingly illustrated by Qin Leng
What are your plans for reading aloud this holiday season? No plans? Try it! You might just like it too.
Kathy Stinson is the author of the classic Red Is Best and the award-winning The Man with the Violin. Her wide range of titles includes picture books, non-fiction, young adult fiction, historical fiction, horror, biography, series books, and short stories. She has met with her readers in every province and territory of Canada, in the United States, Britain, Liberia, and Korea. She lives in a small town in Ontario.