A photographic picture book that tells the fictional story of one boy’s journey down the Highway with his family and the factual story behind the remarkable phenomenon that occurs along the route each time such a journey is made
- Nominated for The Ontario Historical Society’s 2012 J.J. Talman Award
- Nominated for the Red Cedar Award 2013
- Nominated for the Silver Birch Award 2012
- Nominated for the Golden Oak Award 2012
- Nominated for the Hackmatack Award 2012
“This book is my way of standing alongside those on the bridges over the Highway. It’s my way of saying thank you to soldiers, journalists, and others for doing what they can to make a positive difference in the world. It’s my way of paying my respects to families who have lost and will lose loved ones – wherever and whenever they may serve.” – KS
A share of the proceeds from the sale of Highway of Heroes will go to Wounded Warriors, a charity that has offered support to wounded soldiers and their families since 2006. A portion will also go to UNICEF, the organization that has been working to improve quality of life for children around the world since 1946.