Illustrations by Deirdre Betteridge
A fun exploration of the things to be found in other things during one day in a girl’s life.
- A Canadian Children’s Book Centre Best Books for Kids & Teens selection
- Named to Resource Links Best of List for 2008
- Winner of the 2008 National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA) Children’s Products Honors Award
- Chosen by the Toronto Public Library for their “First and Best” list of the best Canadian children’s books for building reading readiness in children from birth to five.
- Shortlisted for the 2009 CLA Amelia Frances Howard-Gibbon Award, recognizing an illustrator of a noteworthy Canadian picture book.
- Nominated for the Ruth & Sylvia Schwartz Children’s Book Award
“E.B.White’s first draft of Charlotte’s Web began ‘A barn can have a horse in it.’ I once gave a writing class this sentence as a warm-up exercise to see where it would take them. Much of what I first did with that exercise has changed, but my opening line remains ‘A barn can have a horse in it.’ (Thanks, E.B.)” – KS